As it was the New Year I thought my watermark could do with a bit of a change. I updated the text, and the logo in the water mark. Hopefully it looks a bit better than the previous one. The logo was quite pixely (is that even a word?). It needed to be remade. The current one still isn’t perfect, however, its a massive improvement over the first iteration of my camera logo. I also updated the logo in the header of the website.
The website, although it may not look like it, got quite a bit revamp. Added functionality eg, social media integration, search features and improved blog setup to name a few. I expect more changes over the coming days and weeks. It’s amazing what a small few aesthetic changes can do!
Anyway, on to the meat of this post. I decided to go back and try and reedit my latest astrophotography picture. I really wanted to go out and try and get a few more shots, and give my new lens a go, but the weather has been quite terrible lately. I missed a chance at capturing the Northern Lights on New Years Eve as I was in Limerick and would have had to be further up the country (the only clear night recently and I was in Mayo that morning :/). In this edit I tried to bring out the colours a lot more. This is quite evident in the Milky Way and light coming from the area of Knock Airport. The previous version of this picture can be seen here.